Burn-out can cause us to lose motivation and passion for our work and affect our business in a negative way.
Today I’d like to discuss some signs of burn-out and some things you can do when you recognize you are experiencing burn-out.
● Having no to low energy, being exhausted emotionally or physically
● Feeling uninspired, unmotivated, passionless
● Lacking usual confidence in your abilities or decisions
● Being overly tired
● Feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed
If this sounds familiar, you’re not alone, SmallBiztrends.com reports that over 77% of small business owners feel the effects of burnout at work- at least some of the time. 77%! That’s the majority of us. So know that this is usual, and that you are not alone in this hard time you are facing.
Here are a few tips to help you comeback (or avoid!) burnout!
1- Get organized! I know the last thing you likely feel like doing at this time is working on getting organized but this will help you tremendously. Allow yourself some time to get things organized, clean up your physical space and mental space.
2- Try it. Give yourself larger amounts of time to work on a particular task. If something comes up
during the time you are not to set to work on that item, wait for the appropriate time. An
example of a block schedule could be:
● 8:00-9:00 – Plan your day, check emails, set up appointments
● 9:00-11:00 – Meet with clients
● 11:00-12:00 – Meet with team
● 12:00-12:30 – Lunch
● 12:30-1:00 – Read up on your industry
● 1:00-3:00 – Meet with clients
● 3:00-5:00 – Do the work discussed with clients, Respond to emails
3- Don’t try to do it all yourself! Get help. Delegate, hire someone to help you if you need to. Be honest about what you can and cannot handle and act accordingly.
As a small business owner myself, I am uniquely qualified to understand my client’s needs. At Abacus, we care for our clients beyond the books. We truly want to partner with them to create a healthy and happy relationship with them, and for themselves.
If you’re looking for an accounting partner with a heart for their clients, contact Abacus today!